Friday, May 29, 2015

Go Lions!

Art Institute of Chicago is my the most favorite museum in the world... I can say... in the world. It's the first art museum that I visited in U.S. back in 30 years ago when I came to Chicago for graduate school. I still clearly remember seeing their iconic master piece, "A Sunday on La Grande Jatte" by Georges Seurat for the first time. How wonderful to witness the little dots of the painting in person with my naked eyes!
As the museum is now the second largest one in US after NYC's Metropolitan Museum with their new Modern Wing opened in 2009 behind the railroad and main building on the Michigan Avenue, I can see a lot more art in a very pleasant and spacious place.
Here's Rocket riding one of the two lion statues (Kemeys, bronze 1893) flanking the Institute's main entrances on the Michigan Ave. Next two photos are the famous "A Sunday on La Grande Jatte" in full size and detail showing the dots.

Copyright © Paper Russells, LLC 


No comments:

Post a Comment